I ran Bupa 10,000 last week to raise money for the National Children’s Bureau (NCB). It’s a charity which works to improve the lives of children and young people. This Thursday I’m holding a Bake Sale to raise some more dosh for NCB. Last night I made some Rocky Road to sell. I followed Nigella Lawson’s recipe. Here are my thoughts on it:
The recipe is so easy! I followed the ingredients and measurements to a ‘T’ with the exception of the biscuits. I don’t like rich tea so I used digestives. I also followed the method to a ‘T’ with the exception of reserving some of the melted mixture. I couldn’t be bothered with the extra washing up (!) so I just mixed all the melted mixture with the dry mixture at once.
This morning I tried a slice of the Rocky Road and it’s fantastic! It tastes heavenly. A big thanks to Nigella for the simple yet effective recipe! I know it will be a hit at the Bake Sale on Thursday.
- Read my blog post about the Bupa 10,000 run here.
- I’m running the National Lottery Anniversary Run next, then the Royal Parks Half Marathon. See why I fundraise for NCB here.
- Up until last July I hated running. Find out what changed my mind.
- If you’d like to make a donation to NCB here is my online fundraising page.
- Below is the poster I made for the bake sale. Pretty, huh?